INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
As described more in this section, we may collect information that can identify you (“personal information“), such as your name, phone number, mailing address and e-mail address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us when using our Services, or (ii) from other FitnessGearUSA store businesses, from our business partners, or from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources. When you provide personal information through our Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our online Services, provide to us by phone, furnish to our customer service department, or give to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, your opinion about products and services that we offer, and other demographic information.
- INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other FitnessGearUSA store businesses, business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them, or messages (such as invitations) through our Services, we may store your personal information and the personal information of each such recipient.
- OTHER INFORMATION. We may also collect information that does not identify you.
Cookies enhance our ability to serve you. Basically, they’re pieces of text that a website stores on your computer—an identification code of sorts. This cookie can be accessed by the website when you revisit it.
We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies terminate shortly after you terminate your internet session. Persistent cookies are stored on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted. Both types of cookies help provide an enhanced user experience since they recall your use of the Internet and our services, shopping preferences, shopping cart information, and your password.
OTHER TECHNOLOGIES.We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our online Services and enable us to customize our online Services and advertisements. We also may include web beacons and other similar technologies in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer visitors to our online Services to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive or device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in e-mail) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages, and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our online Services from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
- MOBILE SERVICES: We may also collect information from your mobile device if you have downloaded any FitnessGearUSA store mobile application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used may include, but are not limited to your geographic location, how you use the FitnessGearUSA store application(s), and information about the type of device you use. To opt out of sharing this information, such as location, please review the terms and conditions before you download the application, review the settings on your mobile device, or you may choose at any time to uninstall the FitnessGearUSA store application(s) from your mobile device.
- Personal information we collect from third parties. FitnessGearUSA store collects personal information from other companies. This can include updated address and shipping instructions information; credit information; information from advertisers; information from Facebook, Twitter and other similar platforms; information that is collected automatically through your use of our services; information from entities that provide information that supplements personal information we already have. The categories of third party sources may include advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and data brokers.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use our online Services:
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our Services, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on our Services and on other sites;
- Facilitate use of our Services; communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our Affiliates, or other third parties;
- Manage your account and your preferences and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analyze use of and improve our Services, products, and other services, including performing research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our Services;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce our Conditions of Use and other terms and conditions;
- Manage our business;
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases or sales made on our online Services or by phone, to enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If you submit personal information to us when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with our sister FitnessGearUSA store companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Please review ” Your choices about collection and use of your information” below.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
- AUTHORIZED SERVICE PROVIDERS: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our online Services’ functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys, and other features offered through our online Services, by phone, on television, or by mail. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- OTHER FitnessGearUSA store BUSINESSES: We are part of the FitnessGearUSA store family of businesses. We may share information we collect, including personal information, with the FitnessGearUSA store companies. Sharing information with our FitnessGearUSA store sister companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. Our FitnessGearUSA store sister companies also will comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future.
- BUSINESS PARTNERS: When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our online Services, by television, or through our other Services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests, and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to that merchant.
- OTHER SITUATIONS
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to comply with legal requirements; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our online Services’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- AGGREGATED AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances and also with advertisers and others. We may also share it with third parties and our FitnessGearUSA store sister companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our online Services, on websites of third parties, or by other means. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our online Services and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop online Services or other content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose:
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our online Services or our other services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services through our online Services or by phone; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- Opt-out. If you do not wish to receive mailings from other companies or to have personal information shared with other companies, for their own direct marketing, please contact us by phone, e-mail or mail.
- Under our Do-Not-Call policy you may instruct us not to call you for marketing purposes by calling . We will implement your instructions within 30 days. We have policies and procedures in place and train our employees to honor your request. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
- To delete or decline cookies (which are discussed above) by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our online Services may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the e-mail address below or, if you have an online account for our Services, by logging into that account.
USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT (BLOGS, BULLETIN BOARDS, REVIEWS, PROFILES, CHAT ROOMS, ETC.)
We may provide areas on our online Services where you can post information about yourself and others, create a profile, and communicate with others, as well as post reviews of products, establishments, contractors, and the like, or upload content (e.g., pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your e-mail address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what others may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you will not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our online Services are general audience services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
VISITING OUR ONLINE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Birmingham AL, United States (US)